As a small business, we often stop to take a look at what’s been happening around us and what lies ahead. It’s a quick health check for the company, our employees and our clients.
A topic we’ve been hearing about repeatedly in the news and from customers is burnout. We know the past two years have brought incredible challenges for each of us.
The American Psychological Association’s 2021 Work and Well-being survey showed that American workers across the board saw heightened rates of burnout in 2021. Nearly 3 in 5 employees reported negative impacts of work-related stress, including lack of interest, motivation, or energy (26%) and lack of effort at work (19%). Burnout and stress are also some of the big drivers behind the Great Reshuffle.
But if you’re like us, you care about your people. So, while you’re evaluating places to make improvements for employees, don’t overlook the systems and processes they use every day. Technology upgrades and better solutions may not seem like much, but they have the ability to ease burdens, reduce stress and make employees’ lives easier.
Here are some things you might want to consider.
- As hybrid working models become more commonplace, one thing is certain: no one likes lugging around unnecessary equipment. If you have employees traveling back and forth between a few locations, consider offering them a dedicated workstation at each place – even if one of those is from home. This helps ease their burden while also allowing you to keep equipment safety and security measures in check.
- Needing to request access to files or not being able to readily get project documents only adds frustration to the day. Through a better cloud solution, your employees will be able to seamlessly access, edit and share the files they need without any added hassle.
- Communication can quickly go awry in the workplace, let alone one that’s hybrid or remote. Help keep everyone connected through a VoIP phone system that works no matter where your workforce is located.
- When it’s time for meetings, ensure your technology makes it easy and effortless to bring employees together. A VoIP phone system is just one great solution that can help here.
- Now that we’re halfway through the year, it’s a good time to look at your people analytics and review vacation time. If your employees haven’t been using their time off, make sure to nudge them to use their days. This can help them feel rested and recharged at work, and also let them know that you care about their well-being.
Being a business owner is a great responsibility, and we especially want to ensure those who work for us are taken care of. Plus, let’s face it – we could all use a little less stress in our lives. If you’d like to get started on any of the options above, talk to the experts today at CPU.